The slip dress; it’s never really been ‘out of vogue’ since its Kate Moss heyday back in the 90’s, but is it truly back ‘in’ fashion? Fortunately, todays slip-styling options are plentiful, layering over, under, any which way, dress it up, dress it down, stripes, fluff and simple t’s. Now we aren’t all glamazonian models – so the burning question is, can the slip dress suit the bigger busted, more regular gals? I set out to find my perfect slip dress…
My slip dress style requirements:
- Stretch silk for comfort
- Measured cup size
- Secure support
- Eye popping colours
- Flattering lengths
The journey was fraught with challenges; trying to avoid becoming a boudoir babe and reeling against the hooker look, and then, finally, I found Parasol Rose. The finest slip-maker in the land…ready to wear AND made to order pieces available in 5 different sizes, an array of colours, plus 4 varying cup sizes from + to ++++. All my boxes above; ticked. This ONE slip dress will transition you from summer to autumn in one swish of silk…just remember to utilise the basics you already have in your wardrobe to create your 5 brand spanking new looks.
Here’s my guide on ‘how to wear a slip dress 5 ways’:
1. Simple layering with a white t-shirt staple. Add drama with retro socks and statement stripe jacket for extra wow factor.
2. Clash up the colour with baby pink and mix in ruffles by adding a skirt on top of the slip.
3. I stipulate stripes to jazz up any look these days. Knot the front to customise and create feminine lines with the hem.
4. GO for GLAMOUR, add one statement coat and you’re ready for anything.
5. Dress it down and keep it snug with a chunky knit, tuck up one side to modernise.
Think of slip-styling like freestyling – anything goes; just flatter your curves and choose a youthful colour for your skin tone…no boring nudes unless you plan for a statement coat or maxi-earring. One size does not have to fit all, create your bespoke cup size slip dress and always, always opt for the Wonderer Ultimate strapless bra (A-G cup) for a pert finish.
Yes the slip dress is back with a vengeance, and if you only choose one thing today, make the slip dress your new core luxury basic wardrobe essential.
Visit Parasolrose.co.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click for more detail on Wardrobe Edit